Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wine Review + A Wonderful Wine App!

WINE - Charles Shaw - Pinot Grigio - 2012



SOFT * FRESH * LIVELY




aromas of: lemon, peach, pear

tastes of: lemon, pear, apricot, honey

 medium body, smooth acidity, sweeter than my usual pinot grigio!

price tag: $4

verdict: 3.5 / 5

It was a Netflix and cheap bottle of wine night for this girl. Luckily this cheap bottle never lets me down! Thank you Trader Joe's. This is pretty tasty for the low price you pay for it.


makes me think of: cheesy romantic comedies


Also wanted to share this video review on Charles Shaw Pinot Grigio. It made me happy.

Now it is time to talk about an app on my iPhone that has changed my life...well, at least made my wine shopping a LOT easier!



Although walking through aisles and aisles of wine at a store brings me much happiness, trying to find a single bottle of wine can sometimes be daunting. Fortunately, I have found the greatest app for making my wine shopping adventures a little more timely, and I almost always leave with a bottle I feel good about!





Vivino is an app that is perfect for the average wine drinker.
It allows you to scan pictures of wine labels (yes, just hold your phone up to the label and snap a picture). In seconds it will give you an average rating for that wine from other consumers, a description of the wine, the grapes used in the wine, other vintage ratings, what foods to pair it with, and where else you can buy the same bottle.
The app also allows you to rate the wine you drink and store your favorites so you can remember what you like!


I have scanned and rated over 30 wines and it has been a great place to keep all my wine finds.

Check it out here and then find the app on your smartphone!

No comments:

Post a Comment